Serbia: Gas imports via Turkish Stream can start in 2019

12/10/2017 15:31 Energy Market

news

Turkey's president Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that starting with 2019, Serbia could get natural gas via Turkish Stream gas pipeline.  

 

After a meeting with Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic in Belgrade, Erdogan said during a news conference that Turkish stream will be ready to deliver gas to Serbia in 2019 and the countries will collaborate in renewable energy and gas fields.

     

In the middle of summer, a Serbian official mentioned that the country intends to join Russia's Turkish Stream gas pipeline project to secure Serbia’s energy system stability. 

 

According to Serbian infrastructure minister Zorana Mihajlovic, the nation should profit from the situation and use both, the interconnection with Bulgaria and the Turkish Stream gas pipeline. 

 

Currently, Serbia gets 82% of gas from Russia via a pipeline which traverses Ukraine and Hungary. The remaining 18% is taken from internal supply.  

Vitol, Low Carbon target offshore

18/07/2018 09:14:00

Vitol has committed the €200m and the partners said the fund may also offer opportunities for third-party investors in the future.

<READ MORE

Daily (17.07.2018): Brent crude price slumped by more than 4% on Monday, as Libyan ports relaunched

17/07/2018 12:01:00

Oil prices plummeted on Monday, as ports in Libya resumed their activity and traders count on a boost in supply from Russia and other producers. Brent crude tumbled by 4.6% to $71.84 a barrel, its lowest level since the middle of April. Meanwhile, WTI crude slumped by 4.2% to end at $68.06 a barrel.

READ MORE

Ireland becomes world’s first nation to divest from fossil fuels

17/07/2018 09:53:00

Ireland has voted to become the first country in the world to divest from fossil fuels.

READ MORE