Lukoil and Romgaz start exploration campaign in Black Sea

22/08/2018 08:51 Natural Gas

news

Russian oil company Lukoil and Romanian gas producer Romgaz will drill several exploration wells in the Black Sea Trident perimeter.

Three years ago, the companies running this offshore perimeter announced an important gas discovery, estimated at some 30 billion cubic meters. If confirmed, this discovery could cover Romania’s whole gas consumption for about three years.

 

Lukoil Overseas, a subsidiary of the Russian group, has asked for environment permits to drill three wells in the Trident perimeter, local Economica.net reported. This would be the biggest such operation after the gas discovery was announced three years ago. In the meantime, only seismic prospecting was performed in the area. However, exploration wells are a more efficient tool to assess the viability of the gas discovery.

 

Lukoil holds a stake of 87.8% in this operation with Romanian Romgaz holding the remaining 12.2%.

 

Exxon and OMV Petrom as well as U.S. group Carlyle also have offshore gas operations in the Black Sea. However, neither of these groups have decided if they start commercial operations and the offshore law is still under debate.

Source: romania-insider.com

Daily (26.06.2020): German forward prices increased by over 2% on Monday tracking stronger carbon prices

26/05/2020 13:15:00

Oil markets were relatively quiet with no significant movements on Monday due to Memorial Day in US and Spring Bank Holiday in the UK. However, o firmer demand and output cuts lent support to prices.

<READ MORE

Hard coal alliance proposes runtime extension for 'reserve' under Germany's phase-out - report

26/05/2020 11:49:00

An alliance of hard coal plant operators plans to achieve an expansion of the runtime of Germany's seven most modern hard coal plants by proposing to shift them into an "energy transition reserve" to back up intermittent renewable power production, Christian Geinitz reports for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

READ MORE

Orsted consortium plans offshore Power-to-X play

26/05/2020 11:31:00

Orsted and a consortium of Danish companies have formed a landmark partnership to develop an industrial-scale transport fuel production facility in the Copenhagen area that will be powered by offshore wind in the Baltic Sea.

READ MORE