Norway's Aker BP starts production at Valhall Flank West

17/12/2019 09:13 Energy

news

Oil and gas firm Aker BP has started production at its Valhall Flank West unmanned installation in the North Sea-based Valhall field, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.

The 5.5 billion crowns ($600.38 million) development aims to produce about 60 million barrels of oil equivalent at a break-even price of $28.5 per barrel, it added in a statement.

 

Aker BP, 30% owned by BP, holds 90% stake in the Valhall licence, while Kerogen Capital-backed oil firm Pandion Energy has the remaining 10%.

Source: reuters.com

Daily (01.04.2020): WTI crude rebounded by about 2% on Tuesday, but outlook remains gloomy

01/04/2020 10:58:00

Oil futures evolved differently on Tuesday, with Brent crude edging lower at $22.74 a barrel, but showed some signs of improvement in early trading after U.S. President Donald Trump and its Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin agreed to talks on stabilizing energy markets. Meanwhile, U.S. WTI crude rose by 1.9% to settle at 20.48 a barrel.

<READ MORE

Turkey's Energy Exchange hits record in spot gas trade

01/04/2020 10:53:00

Turkey's Energy Exchange Istanbul (EXIST) trade volume in spot natural gas market hit Monday a record high for 2020, EXIST data showed on Tuesday.

READ MORE

Covid-19 crash to speed green shift for oil firms – analysts

01/04/2020 10:50:00

The coronavirus outbreak and accompanying oil price crash – which have seen levels slump to near two-decade lows this week – will hasten a green transition among oil and gas majors, analysts told Montel.

READ MORE