Shell to launch gas expansion project at UK's Pierce field

07/10/2019 09:31 Natural Gas

news

Shell and its partner Ithaca Energy have taken a final investment decision to build new gas production facilities at the UK's Pierce field in the Central North Sea.

The Pierce Depressurisation Project will enable Shell to start exporting gas from the Pierce field via the SEGAL pipeline to St Fergus in Scotland, the site of one of the UK's main gas terminals, Shell said.

 

The development work is scheduled to take place between 2020 and 2021 and, when complete, the Pierce field is expected to produce more than 30,000 b/d oil equivalent at peak production, the oil major said. According to government figures, the oil and gas field was producing about 11,000 b/d of oil and 80 MMcf/d of gas during the first half of the year.

 

Under the new project, the field's existing floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel will be modified, in addition to a new subsea gas export line to the SEGAL pipeline system and the drilling of new wells.

 

Shell operates the Pierce field with 92.52% stake and Ithaca Energy holds the remaining 7.48% share.

Source: spglobal.com

Daily (19.11.2019): NBP spot fell by 2% on forecasts for lower heating and gas-for-power demand due to milder weather

19/11/2019 10:40:00

Oil prices lost ground on Monday amid uncertainty over a trade agreement between the U.S. and China. Furthermore, worries about crude oversupply also put pressure on oil contracts. Brent crude dropped by 1.4% to $62.44 a barrel and WTI futures fell by 1.1% to $58.05 a barrel.

<READ MORE

Ukrainian power player hits 1GW milestone

19/11/2019 09:12:00

Ukraine developer DTEK has reached 1GW of online renewables capacity after completing the 100MW Orlivska wind farm in the Zaporizhzhia region of its home market.

READ MORE

World's largest green-hydrogen plant begins operation in Austria

19/11/2019 09:09:00

The world’s largest green-hydrogen production facility has commenced operations in Austria, “setting an international milestone in the advancement of new energy supply options”, according to the project partners.

READ MORE